If you’d like to set up a survey using Facebook Live and view the results as they’re generated in real time, follow these steps:
- Step 1. Create the promotion
- Step 2. Edit the survey
- Step 3. Publication
- Step 4. Termintation of broadcast; statistics
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel via this link: http://admin.easypromosapp.com. Use your Facebook profile or email/password to log in to the Dashboard and create and manage your promotions.
2. Set up a new promotion using the ‘Create New Promotion’ button.
3. You’ll see a list of the products available. Choose “Facebook Live Polls” to create a live survey in Facebook using the Facebook Live streaming tool.
You should now find yourself in the “Survey Editor". From here you can design the layout of the screen that will be transmitted live from your Facebook Page.
- Activate the hashtags that you want your participants to use.
- Give the survey a title that clearly indicates what you want participants to do.
- Upload a background image (1200px x 630px) or link to a video.
- Configure the layout of the hashtags on the screen and the options available.
When everything is ready, click “Save changes”. The “Publish” button will then appear, ready to take you to the second phase: publication.
The “Publication” section is divided into three steps that you must follow in order to publish your Facebook Live Polls.
STEP 0. Firstly, you need OBS software downloaded onto your computer. It’s free and endorsed by Facebook for live transmissions.
STEP 1. State which Facebook Page you want to run the Facebook Live Polls from.
STEP 2. By carrying out Step 1 you’ll have generated two vital pieces of data for Step 2: the broadcast key and the broadcast URL. Open the OBS software and configure it using the above two pieces of data. Click this link to see a step-by-step guide on how to do this.
STEP 3. Once the broadcast is active in OBS, click the Step 3 button to create the Facebook Live post on your Page and start the live survey. This is what the screen will look like:
- "Edit Survey" button: You’ll still have access to the Survey Editor, which you can use to modify the design during the broadcast. Any changes you make will be applied to your survey in real time.
- "View Facebook Post" button: Monitor how the survey is evolving from your Facebook Page by using the link you find on this page, or from the OBS screen.
The broadcast of the survey can last a maximum of four hours (240 minutes), as long as the computer and programs remain active (not in hibernation or sleep mode). Although Facebook Live Polls are a relatively recent trend, an average length of between one and three hours per survey seems to have become the established norm.
To terminate the transmission, go to OBS and click "Stop Broadcast". You can also end the broadcast by going to the Facebook Page in "Publication tools">"Videos" and choosing the edit option.
You’ll find the survey results in the Easypromos Dashboard, saved under "Old promotions". You can also filter the promotions by type to find the one you want more quickly.
Click on the pencil icon to edit and view the statistics of your survey.
Would you like to carry out a sweepstakes between your participants? Create a new "Facebook Sweepstakes" based on comments from your Dashboard and you’ll be able to choose a video from the list of posts. In this way, you’ll be able to create a new promotion that collects entries from all the participants who’ve commented on the post.