With Easypromos you can run a sweepstakes between users who comment on a YouTube video on your channel.
The YouTube Sweepstakes App enables you to import the comments left on a video and then run a sweepstakes between the users who commented. You can publish the winners to a customized page and display a Certificate of Validity to provide transparency to the sweepstakes.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up and running the sweepstakes:
- Step 1. Access the Dashboard
- Step 2. Set up the basic features of the sweepstakes
- Step 3. Check the finalists list and apply exclusions
- Step 4. Define the numbers of winners and alternates
- Step 5. Carry out a test and activate the sweepstakes
- Step 6. Prepare to announce winners
- Step 7. Announce winners
- Step 8. Notify winners
- Step 9. Manage winners and alternates
Step 1. Access the Dashboard
Access the Easypromos Dashboard via this link: http://admin.easypromosapp.com. If you’re not a user yet, create an account and enter your Dashboard to create and manage your promotions.
This is your dashboard:
A) Information about your account is in the bar at the top. Use your account ID (preceded by #) to identify yourself when requesting help from the Support Center.
B) This is the space where all your promotions will be listed and divided per status: active, draft or old.
Step 2. Set up the basic features of the sweepstakes
To create your YouTube sweepstakes, follow these steps:
1. Click on the “Create New Promotion” button to begin setting up the sweepstakes.
2. Select “YouTube Sweepstakes”:
3. The sweepstakes set-up screen will be displayed. In Step 1, click on “Connect with YouTube” to start a session with your Google account. This will enable the tool to display all your YouTube channels so that you can choose on which channel to run the sweepstakes.
Note: If this is your first YouTube sweepstakes, you must accept the app’s permissions. We only use these to locate your Google accounts and show you the YouTube channels that you currently manage:
4. If you manage several YouTube channels from the same Google account, here is where you can select the channel containing the video you want to run the sweepstakes from:
5. After selecting your YouTube channel, you’ll see the confirmation screen. Click “Accept and Close” to continue:
6. Once your account is linked and your YouTube channel is selected, click on the “Comments” button to start setting up the sweepstakes:
7. The next step is to select the video from which to run the sweepstakes:
8. Finally, once you’ve selected the video, a sweepstakes will automatically be opened for this video.
Step 3. Check the finalists list and apply exclusions
You should now be on the sweepstakes page. Below the title, you’ll find the number of participants and the options for seeing their details. From here you can also exclude participants or include them in the blacklist.
The options for excluding users offered by the tool are:
- You can blacklist users who engage in bad practices. This means that the users are excluded from all sweepstakes. You don’t need to search for them each time you run a new sweepstakes. The blacklist will always be available as it will be associated to your Easypromos administrator’s account.
- Exclusion of previous winners. If you’d like to prevent the same user from winning more than one sweepstakes, choose this option.
- Occasional exclusion.If you want to exclude a specific user from a sweepstakes, perhaps because he or she hasn’t complied with the guidelines, use the search engine to find and exclude the user manually. You can also use the Participants List.
- Exclusion based on comment hashtags.This option becomes available when there are hashtags in the comments. For example, when you’ve used the tool for running a hashtags sweepstakes. Find out more about this option here.
- Exclude participations registered after a certain date: this enables you to indicate the end date of the sweepstakes so that users who enter too late are prevented from participating.
Step 4. Define the numbers of winners and alternates
Indicate below how many winners you need to obtain, and how many alternates. We recommend always requesting alternates to ensure easier and more effective management of the prize giving process.
Click on "Continue" and you’ll be taken to the Test Page. From here you can carry out a test to check whether the sweepstakes is working correctly and see how the winners will be displayed afterwards.
Step 5. Carry out a test and activate the sweepstakes
Before carrying out the random sweepstakes, you’ll see that you have the possibility of carrying out various tests to find out how the tool works.
Clicking on the “Ready! Run sweepstakes” button will activate the random sweepstakes. Once the sweepstakes has been carried out, it can’t be repeated.
Step 6. Prepare to announce the winners
Congratulations! The sweepstakes has now been completed. You’ll see a screen with the results displayed. Now you can start thinking about publishing the winners and awarding the prizes.
A. "Winners and Alternates" Section:
Here you’ll see the list of winners and alternates. From here you can also manage the awarding of prizes, and exchange winners for alternates if necessary.
B. "Claim Your Prize” Section:
Do you want winners to be able to claim the prize and confirm their details? From here you can configure and enable this module to better manage the awarding of prizes. In this way, the winning participant can go to the Winners Page to confirm his or her details and claim the prize.
C. "Winners Publication" Section:
When you carry out the sweepstakes, the tool generates two very important URLs that you should keep in mind:
- URL of the Certificate of Validity. A Certificate of Validity will have been emitted, confirming that the sweepstakes has been carried out once only and at random. This certificate identifies the sweepstakes and it can’t be modified. Share this URL when announcing the winners so that participants can see that the sweepstakes is transparent.
- URL of the Winners Page. A microsite will have also been generated, displaying winners and alternates. This makes it easier to announce the results. You can customize this page to adapt it to your brand and needs.
Click on the pencil icon to edit the Winners Page and customize it to your liking:
Step 7. Announce the winners
When the Winners Page is ready, announce it across the social networks. You can use the “Share on Social Networks” button or copy and share the URL of the Winners Page.
Step 8. Notify the winners
On the “Announcing the Winners” page you’ll find the option for notifying the winners directly. This enables you to respond to the comment published by the participant in the YouTube video:
Step 9. Manage winners and alternates
From the “Winners and alternates” section you’ll be able to:
- See whether the winners have claimed their prizes, and view any personal details they’ve supplied.
- Manage the prizewinners and substitute them for alternates if necessary.
- Download all the information supplied by prizewinners to a file.