With Easypromos White Label you can create your own Facebook Developers application and link it to your promotions to achieve an experience that is 100% identified with your brand. This gives you various advantages, such as:
- Using advanced publication.
- Using the application itself to ask for Facebook permissions.
- Accessing the Facebook Insights statistics.
How to link your application to the promotion
The action required depends on your situation.
A) You already have an application created in Facebook Developers
1. Access the promotion administration page and click on "Integrations":
2. Select "Facebook".
3. Copy the App ID and the Secret ID of your Facebook application and paste it into the corresponding fields. Click on the icon to update:
Note: When updating, the platform automatically configures the URLs of the application in Facebook.
B) You don’t have any application created
If you don’t have any application created, follow the instructions in this video to create your own application in Facebook Developers:
How to use the application for permissions management
Upon linking your own Facebook application, you have the opportunity to request Facebook permissions. If this is your intention, you should set it up in the “Facebook” section, within the “Integrations” section. You will find the following options:
- Use this application to obtain permissions. Activate this option if you wish to give users the chance to participate by connecting via their Facebook account and accepting the permissions of your own application instead of the application provided by Easypromos by default.
- Permissions. By default, the permissions that are requested are always the basic permissions (public_profile) and the email permission. For these permissions it is not always necessary for your application to pass through the Facebook review process. If you would like to add new permissions, enter them here separated by commas. You can see the list of permissions available in Facebook here.
Note: remember, if you ask for permissions other than public_profile and email, your application will have to be reviewed and authorized by Facebook. More information.
Customize the icons of your application
To upload and/or change the icon of your application, which is displayed when requesting permissions, you should access the Facebook Developers area:
1. Choose the application that interests you:
2. Access the “Details of the application” section in the left-hand menu.
There are 2 icons that you should customize:
- 1024x1024 pixels App Icon. To upload the image, hover above the enabled checkbox until you see the pencil icon. Click here and a pop-up window will enable you to load the image. Save the changes before leaving the page. This image will be used when showing the application’s permissions request page:
- Small App Icon 16x16 pixels. To upload the image, hover above the enabled checkbox until the pencil icon appears. Click here and a pop-up window will enable you to upload the image. Save the changes before leaving the page. This image will be used when sharing the promotion, and for other actions inside Facebook:
The name that accompanies the permissions icon (in the previous example – "Snow Contest") is the name of the application or “Display name.” When creating the application in Facebook Developers you must have already entered a name. You can modify it at any moment from the “Configuration” section. Save the changes before leaving the page.
The image and name of the app used to present the application are not customized here, but rather in the promotion administration panel when you have linked the application with Easypromos. Find out how to customize the app.